2012 Winter Strength and Power Camp
The EmerFit Strength and Power Camp is a program designed to improve each athlete’s performance by increasing his or her strength and power, as well as speed and endurance. Athletes will be coached in a variety of strength and conditioning exercises, including, but not limited to, Olympic lifting, power lifting, and plyometrics.
All athletes (12-18 years old), regardless of sport, are welcome. This 12 week program meets two times a week, Monday an Wednesday at 3:30 pm November 4th through February 13th. The program will give any athlete who participates and commits him or herself a substantial edge over the competition.
It has been studied and proven that athletes with more strength and power will outperform any athlete who has not trained to improve these essential areas of athletic performance. Improved performance is ultimately the goal, but there is so much more our athletes will benefit from during their journey.
- Sport performance – As previously stated, this is the ultimate goal. Athletes can practice skills, tactics, and techniques to the point of perfection. However, if they do not have the necessary physical skills (i.e. strength, power, speed, etc.), they will never reach their full potential as an athlete.
- Injury prevention – A common myth about youth strength training is that it is dangerous and harmful to their developing bodies. This could not be further from the truth. Statistics show that students are more likely to get hurt on the field/court than they are in the weight room, and athletes who strength train with correct technique will have fewer health problems and injuries than those who don’t. Strength training will not only strengthen stabilizing muscles around the joints, it will also increase bone density and promote structural balance.
- Nutrition – This may be the most overlooked component of any athlete’s training regimen. An athlete’s diet can make or break all of the hard work he or she has done in the offseason. At the EmerFit Strength and Power Camp, athletes will be given expert nutrition advice and structured meal plans based on their personal goals.
- Knowledge – Our athletes will be coached in several areas of strength and power training, which will give them the knowledge necessary to maintain an efficient, effective, and, most of all, safe training program to continue when they retire from sports. Proper technique will be the number one priority. At Emergent Fitness, we want our athletes to have the motivation and knowledge to stay active and physically fit for a lifetime.
- Character building – In a program such as this, it takes a certain kind of athlete to commit to and complete it. At Emergent Fitness, we don’t just want to create stronger athletes, we want to create stronger people. Our athletes will leave this program with a stronger work ethic, mental toughness, and a healthier sense of self.
Coach Bio – Coach Jeff Guthrie has a passion for coaching young athletes. He believes that a safe and properly designed strength training program is essential for young athletes to be competitive in today’s athletics. Jeff is a certified CrossFit Kids trainer and currently teaches the Emerfit Kid’s classes.
Dates: November 4th – February 13th
For more information contact Jeff Guthrie at email@example.com or 970-219-0775.